Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service to request materials not found in WSU or Summit libraries from other national and international libraries. This service is available for currently registered WSU Vancouver students, and current faculty and staff. If you are not currently affiliated with WSU Vancouver, use your local public library for interlibrary loan requests.
New! Beginning on July 10th, 2023, all ILL requesting and management will be done in one spot: through Search It and your Search It Account.
To place an interlibrary loan or document delivery request:
- Go to Search It:
- Login withyour WSU Network ID and password.
- Use the “Articles, Books, and More” search scope to see all ILL request options.
- If you can’t find the item you want to request in Search It, you can still request it using the Interlibrary Loan Form with the information about your request.
- Or, click on the Find It @ WSU link or button within any of our library databases.
- You will be notified via email when your items are available.
- Detailed step-by-step instructions are available here.
What Happened to ILLiad and Summit?
As always, Interlibrary Loan allows you to request print copies of books, and digital copies of articles and book chapters, and receive them at no cost to you. Beginning July 10th, it will be faster and easier to request items, but the basic service has not changed. You will now be able to make Summit, ILLiad, and Document Delivery requests all in one spot without needing to log in to separate systems.
To see all of your interlibrary loan requests that occurred before July 10th, 2023:
Summit is the system WSU Libraries use to share resources with our partners in the Orbis-Cascade Library Consortium. Materials from these libraries can be requested like all other ILL materials in Search It, using the “WSU Libraries + Summit” search scope or the expanded “Articles, Books, and More” scope.
Please give us a call at 360-546-9154 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.