The mission of the Washington State University Vancouver Library is to advance the research and learning goals of all members of the WSU Vancouver community and to serve as an information resource within the SW Washington community. We, the Library’s faculty and staff, strive to accomplish this mission through the following activities:
- Develop and apply equitable, effective and innovative ways to provide information, in any format, to meet the needs of our students, faculty and staff.
- Help our patrons to apply these information resources to their scholarly and life endeavors through consultation, instruction, and the development of accessible learning materials.
- Provide collaborative and contemplative spaces that encourage participation in the discovery and creation of knowledge.
- Build and steward a collection that is responsive to the needs of the WSU Vancouver community and represents the diversity of intellectual thought.
- Recognize and respect individuals and their diverse, intersectional identities as we engage in the free exchange of ideas.
- Work collaboratively with libraries and institutions (locally and nationally) to support the resource and service needs of the WSU Vancouver community in a fiscally responsible manner.