March 23, 2015
The Library's Annual Student Research Excellence Award recognizes excellence in undergraduate research that demonstrates evidence of significant inquiry using the library, its resources and collections. Applications are due by April 25th. See http://library.vancouver.wsu.edu/researchaward
March 11, 2015
Our Spring Break schedule is:
• Saturday, March 14 - Sunday, March 15: Noon - 5pm
• Monday, March 16 - Wednesday, March 18: 9am - 7pm
• Thursday, March 19 - Friday, March 20: 9am - 5pm
• Saturday, March 21 - Sunday, March 22: Noon - 5pm
We are returning to full spring semester hours on Monday, March 23rd.
March 3, 2015
Artworks from the Child Development Program (CDP) preschool and kindergarten classes are currently on display in the Library. Children in the program work with many techniques, tools, and materials, where there is not a set of right and wrong ways to do a project, but where the process is as important as the result. Some of the pieces were inspired by studying famous fine art paintings; others are examples of children exploring in a spontaneous and free manner. All of the art reflects children’s thoughts, feelings, and expressions.
Showing in the Library from March 2 - May 15.
“The Right to Read: The importance and need for diverse children’s and adolescent books”
March 11th, Noon
Library’s Reading Room
Join Dr. Deanna Day, Associate Professor in Education, and Cheryl Johnson, M.Ed., Program Coordinator for the Child Development Program, in discussing why integrating diverse books into classrooms challenges students to understand and accept those different from themselves. As students read diverse books, they come to recognize the common feelings and needs they share with children around the world.
Funded through the generous support of the Diversity Council in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act.
February 20, 2015
The Library is here to help answer your questions and give you research advice. You can contact us in many ways:
- Phone: 360-546-9686
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: @ the reference desk
- Instant Chat: Try the Chat with a Librarian chat link. It's available from our homepage and will connect you quickly to a librarian.
February 9, 2015
The library will be closed Monday February16th for President’s Day. It will re-open with normal hours on Tuesday at 8:00am.
January 20, 2015
A year ago, WSU Libraries unveiled Search It, the integrated library system that you use to find information not only at WSU Libraries but also at other libraries, databases, digital collections, WorldCat, and more. This was part of a two-year long project in which 37 libraries in the Orbis Cascade Alliance all moved to this new system. We have now reached the culmination of that project.
Things may look a bit different while using Search It. Starting January 20th there are some changes coming, as our system becomes even more integrated with the other 37 libraries.
What this means for you:
- There will be one place (Search It) to look for and request items from our library and other libraries. You will no longer be shuffled from Search It to another catalog in order to request things from Summit libraries. This will all happen within Search It.
- You will experience fewer requests to authenticate with your network ID and password.
- The separate catalog for Summit items is going away. Summit.worldcat.org is going away on January 20th, but don’t worry. You will be able to find and request items from other Summit libraries via Search It.
- If you use WorldCat, it is available in our Databases list.
If you have questions, comments, need help, etc., please do not hesitate to contact us via chat on the homepage, phone (360-546-9686), email (email@example.com) and in person at the Reference desk. We’re here to help!
January 7, 2015
Happy New Year!
Our Spring Semester Hours are beginning today, January 7th.
• Monday - Thursday: 8am - 10pm
• Friday: 8am - 5pm
• Saturday - Sunday: 12 - 5pm
The Library will be closed Martin Luther King Day (January 19) and President's Day (February 16).
December 16, 2014
The Library will be closed on December 20 & 21, and from December 25 to January 4. Here are our hours for the break:
• Sat., Dec. 20 - Sun., Dec. 21: Closed
• Mon., Dec. 22 - Wed., Dec 24: 10am - 3pm
• December 25 - January 4: Closed
• Mon., Jan. 5 - Tue., Jan 6: 10am - 3pm
• Wed., Jan. 7: Return to normal hours (M-Th 8-10p; F 8-5; S&S 12-5)